AIMS OF THE STUDY
This project is an explorative study on the condition of the woman drug addict within the participating European countries. Accordingly, it did not have the aim of verifying specific hypotheses as is the case in experimental research projects but rather of carrying out the collection of information considered of use to be able to define the phenomena in question and some of its more obvious characteristics. Thus, the choice of the instruments was motivated by the aim of carrying out the collection of as wide a range of knowledge on this subject as possible, using quantitative type instruments together with others that allowed a more qualitative analysis of the data that emerged. The following objects have therefore been identified in this work:
1) The continuation and in depth investigation of the work started by the teams already formed and enlarged by the participation of other European partners: this aspect is of particular importance due to the necessity of a conceptual and numerical amplification of the studies on such a topic and of the diffusion of the knowledge that emerges to the other partners with the aim of involving as many experts as possible.
2) Analysis and amplification of the information regarding the differences between the countries participating in the research, but also regarding common elements that characterize the target population in the study.
3) Diffusion of the information collected with the aim of facilitating exchanges between operators; currently, this is difficult due to the lack of data available to them and due to the difficulty in communicating: indeed, an important role of the empirical studies should be that of sharing knowledge, above all with those who work with such phenomena on a daily basis and who are frequently faced with the problem of the formation and of amplification of the knowledge regarding this subject.
4) Incentive to greater co-operation between European associations and operators.
5) Construction of common work methods: the consequence of the diffusion of the knowledge should be diffusion and creation of useful instruments, aimed at and based on the needs that emerge and as an operative answer to them.
6) Sensibilisation towards new needs, in particular those of the female drug addict with child to facilitate the creation and execution of specific interventions that also pay particular attention to the rights and needs of the child itself, above all regarding the aspects of custody and protection.
7) Constitution of a specific session relative to the needs of the female drug addict within the framework of a European seminar, with the aim of amplifying the knowledge and participation of other operators and encouraging a process of cooperation between European associations and operators.
8) Execution of pilot initiative for prevention using the studies carried out as a starting point